SGX Academy will be holding a seminar on the algorithmic trading. This certainly looks interesting.
Man Vs Machine – The Rapid Growth Of High Frequency And Algorithmic Trading And How To Profit From It
Date: Tuesday, 26th Apr 2011
Time: 7.00 – 8.30 pm (registration from 6.30pm)
Venue: SGX Auditorium, Level 2
• The Ascent of the High Frequency Trader
• The Ascent of the Algorithmic Trader
• The Ascent of Rocket Scientist, IT Geeks and Computers in Financial Markets
• Market Maker Strategies
• Arbitrage Strategies – Index arbitrage and pairs arbitrage
• Option Strategies – Split Strike Synthetics and the Madoff Strategy (not)
• Man and the silent money minting machine
• On algo strategies, trend followers and swing traders
• Can individual and small institutional traders develop effective algo trading strategies?
• Will machines take over?
You can register for the event here:
The Rapid Growth Of High Frequency And Algorithmic Trading And How To Profit From It (link at bottom right of the page)
Yeong Wai Cheong
CFA, MBA with Honours – University of Chicago, First Class Honours NUS
Wai Cheong is the CEO of AmWater Investments Management Pte Ltd which is part of the AmBank Group investing in water infrastructure in Asia.
Mr Yeong was also an ex hedge fund & traditional fund manager. He has various stints at institutions such as Man Group, Monetary Authority of Singapore and Bank of America.
He started his investment career in the yen bond market, and has helped to start the derivatives exchange in Singapore, and he has accumulated 30+ years of experience in the financial services industry.