Martin Lee @ Sg
Sharing is Caring!

IG Markets Margin Rate Changes

It’s Good Friday today so I will be taking a break. Nevertheless, just thought I will share this email that I received from IG Markets yesterday.

It seems that they have increased the margin requirements for some counters in view of current market volatility. Seems that institutions are doing as much as they can to reduce their exposure in line with the current credit crisis.

Trade with care!

In light of current market volatility, it has become necessary to review the margin rates on a number of markets. The changes will be made in two phases:

* Tuesday 25 March – Banking Stocks
Banks will be margined at a minimum of 10% with some more volatile stocks either 15% or 25%

For a full list of affected instruments, please visit the following link:
http://www.igmarkets.com.sg/cfd/banks-margin-changes.html

* Tuesday 1 April – Indices
Margins on Asian and Australian indices are set to rise but many, including the France 40 and US Tech100, will fall

For a full list of affected instruments, please visit the following link:
http://www.igmarkets.com.sg/cfd/indices-margin-changes.html

It will usually be possible to reduce any margin by placing stop losses on open positions. Please be advised that, should these changes create a shortfall on your account, it remains your obligation to fund the shortfall or reduce the size of your positions.

For full details of impending margin changes, please contact the helpdesk on (65) 6390 5118 and we will be happy to help.

Leave a Comment:

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.