As announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at the National Day Rally this year, the government will be enhancing the Marriage and Parenthood Package (in order to boost the birth rate). Some of these includes:
- Increase in maternity leave from 12 to 16 weeks.
- Paid childcare leave from 2 to 6 days per year if you have a child under the age of 7 years old.
- 6 days of unpaid infant care leave per year if you are a working parent with a Singapore child under the age of 2 years old.
- Higher qualifying child tax relief of $4000.
- Higher working mother tax relief.
- Parenthood tax rebate.
- Enhancement of baby bonus.
For more information on the changes, you can visit the Family & Community Development page at eCitizen.